Frequently Asked Questions
We are sad to announce that 2020 CYC Camp has Been canceled due to the Ongoing COVID-19 Health Crisis. More information coming soon.
What's Happening at Camp this Year?
- 2020 Camp will take place from July 6th - July 11th
- It's our 42nd year at camp!
- This years theme is Rockin' the '80s!
What Do I Need to Pack for Camp?
- Sleeping bag or bedding. A fitted twin sheet over the mattress helps keep sleeping bags from sliding off the mattress. Pillow if you want one.
- An extra blanket for cool evenings.
- Change of clothes for five days including socks, underwear, sweatshirts, jacket and pajamas.
- Our evenings can be cool and a jacket is a must.
- Two pairs of shoes. Good walking shoes that tie are a necessity for hikes. Please do not bring flip-flops or sandals to camp.
- Boots and raincoats if you will wear them. Our program goes on whatever the weather.
- Two bath towels. Sometimes they don’t dry in one day.
- Bathroom toiletries are also needed for showers… include toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, and comb or brush.
- Hair dryers and curling irons may be used in moderation.
- Mosquito repellent, flashlight, camera, sunscreen.
- Big plastic bag for dirty clothes.
- Mark your belongings with your name.
What Can I Not Bring to Camp?
Please DO NOT bring:
- iPods, sound systems, CD Players, TV’s of any size, Mp3 Players
- Gum, or extra snacks from home: Our snack bar is more than adequate and campers do not need extra snacks with them or sent to them while at camp (see snack bar info below)
- Cell Phones: Cell phone coverage is minimal. Staff have cell phones for emergencies only. Parents: please do not send cell phones to camp with your child. We ask for your help to make this a cell phone free week for your child.
What is the daily schedule like at camp?
- Campers get up at 7 a.m.
- Our day begins with flag raising at 8:00 a.m.
- Campers will have music instruction in the morning and afternoon.
- Other activities include crafts, hikes, games, skits, three good meals, and a campfire every evening.
- Each day is fun-filled and busy.
- Lights out time is 10:15 p.m. so campers can enjoy each day.
What kind of food is served at camp?
- Cafeteria style food is served at CYC.
- Campers receive a full breakfast (such as eggs, ham and toast or pancakes), a full lunch (such as tacos, macaroni and cheese, veggies or fruit) and a full dinner (such as spaghetti, salad, French bread or hamburgers, salad and dessert).
- Milk is served daily, as are juices.
- Ice water is available 24 hours a day. (See Health and Safety info below)
Do I need money at camp?
- No money will be collected at camp. The snack bar is open once a day before the hike and has nutritious and popular snacks.
How many campers attend camp?
- We average 40 to 45 campers for the week.
- Campers include both boys and girls ages 9 to 13. Typically campers begin attending CYC after their 3rd grade school year.
- Girls are housed with a dorm mom and boys are housed with a dorm dad. Round the clock supervision is provided to every camper.
My child wants to bunk with his/her best friend, is this possible?
- Each dorm can accommodate this request. Rooms sleep from two to four campers.
Can I decorate my room?
- Perhaps, to go along with the Theme, you can find something special to decorate your room. However while nothing can be put up on the walls in the dorms, things can be hung on the end of your bed or perhaps a special quilt, a stuffed animal or small rug is ok. Please keep your decorating within reason.
Do I need to bring any craft supplies?
- Nope! We have it covered! Just come prepared to have fun and learn.
What if my child is not able to attend this year?
- Please let the camp directors know and your child will be placed on the priority list for camp 2020.